Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Things We Remember

I had an angry, stormy day yesterday. Remember how angrily King Kong roared after he was shot by those tranquiliser darts? My brother told me I screamed even louder...and looked less attractive to boot. I snapped at anyone that talked to me, nothing went right, and everything just seemed horrible. I had so much fun yesterday.

And no, it was not PMS, thank you for asking.

But everybody has a stormy days where life is just crappy and nothing goes right. When I woke up this morning, I felt a little better. After talking to my friends (so witty and charming), even better still! And I was glad I had that stormy day yesterday, because it made me appreciate the sunny days a hundred times more.

Are you having a bad day? I hope this poem I found might make you feel better

But Don't Forget

Forget about the days when it's been cloudy,
but don't forget your hours in the sun.


Forget about the times you've been defeated
but don't forget the victories you have won.


Forget about the the mistakes that you can't change
but don't forget the lessons you have learned.


Forget about the misfortunes you have encountered,
but don't forget the times your luck has turned.


Forget about the days you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly smiles you've seen.


Forget about the plans that didn't seem to work right,
but don't forget to always have a dream.

The next is a poem that I always read when I'm unreasonably angry at anyone - usually those I love the best sadly. It was a poem that was discovered hanging on Mother Teresa's wall, reminding her everyday what to do when even your best efforts are rejected.


People are often unreasonable,
illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind,
People may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be Kind anyway.
If you are successful,
you will win some false friends and
some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway
If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
It's okay to be sad, or angry, or just plain tired. We recommend five minutes of punching and  screaming into a pillow in the privacy of your room :D  But no matter what,  keep going in life and keep going with a smile :) Because in the end, someone will always see your smile - even if you don't see them looking.

Always remember, Happiness Equals Bracket =)

1 comment:

  1. HI BELLA!

    THIS WAS MY FAVOURITE PART.


    If you find serenity and happiness,
    they may be jealous;
    Be happy anyway.

    ReplyDelete