Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fast and the Furious Father

It's story time! I know we haven't had one in a while so enjoy. =)

A man was coming home one night, tired and irritated from another long, stressful day at work. He was looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV as he was entering the house, only to find his 5 year old son waiting for him in the living room.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"How much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business! Why do you want to know?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the son.

"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."

"Oh," the little boy replied, eyebrows furrowing as he bowed his head in thought.

Looking up suddenly, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"






The father was furious. "If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games." 

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

After an hour or so, the man had calmed down and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that ten dollars, and he really didn't ask for money very often.

The man went to the the little boy's room, "Are you asleep, son?" he whispered.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you, I'm sorry. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he 
excitedly replied. He took the bill and, reaching under his pillow, pulled out some more crumpled bills. 

The man, seeing the wrinkled collection of notes, started to get angry again. "Why did you want more money if you already had some?" he grumbled.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied, his eyes alight with happiness.

"Daddy, I have $20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?"

Hope you liked today's story. =)


Keep safe in the holidays and remember to check back for updates about our Cranes for Hope Holiday Project! It'll be a fun day where we can all come together and do what we do best - you guessed it... make people smile. ;)

Always remember, Happiness Equals Bracket =)

7 comments:

  1. I liked the story Lindy! (kids are soo cute) Pretty layout too :) , before part of the background was dark so I'd have to like scroll up to read LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I'm so happy someone noticed the new background! =) But yeah, thank you for your dedicated scrolling, Bella and I are always working on making our layouts more readable. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADSF OMG I saw a drama with exactly like this - xcept it was $500...and he resorted to stealing
    Argh it's both so sad yet so touching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. LINDY LINDY. I would also like to buy infinite hours of your timee~!
    Get well soon. =DD The fracture looks reeaaally painful.T_T

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH~ IT POSTED!!! *happy dance* ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh what a cute story :D :D

    get better soon, lindy !

    <3 suzi

    ReplyDelete