Friday, March 25, 2011

Pressing Pause


An empty swing – a rare sight when you were a kid and the swings were all the rage.

Today I was walking home and – lo and behold! – the park was empty and the swing set was beckoning me forward. ‘How can I say no to that?’ I told myself, ignoring the fact that I’m 17 and that there would probably be many witnesses to my childish antics.

As it turned out, there was indeed many witnesses. Many, many witnesses who walked through the park and will attest to the “high school girl who was wildly swinging back and forth like some sort of crazed lunatic.” There may have been some soulful renditions of ‘I’m A Believer’ and ‘The Rose’ as well.

Some of them gave me odd looks. Some of them walked by without even noticing. However, some people laughed and smiled at me as they walked by and I waved back at them. One friendly lady stopped on her way home and we began talking about our common love for Friday, only the best day of the week. Another 20-year-old guy joked as he walked by, “My turn’s next!”

It was so nice to just relax and appreciate the sun on my skin as I wildly flew though the air, belting “It's a love stor-y, baby just say ye-essss!” with no care in the world. 

It was like pressing pause on all the exams and pressure and busy-ness and savouring just that one moment I was on top of the world.

Always remember, Happiness Equals Bracket =)

4 comments:

  1. You're such a cheese Lindy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I pass a park with swings when I walk home. Sometimes I swing on it really hard and jump off at the peak of the swing but there's never as much momentum as I thought there'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwww XD
    And you must have really cool neighbours looool :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this made me smile lindy! :)

    ReplyDelete